Tuesday 20 August 2013

Summer holiday favourites

This summer holiday we've been quite lucky and got quite a bit of sun! I've used and bought quite a few make-up products to go with my summery outfits. These are a few of my favourites, along with my 'summer essentials'!

Summer favourites -

Bourjois "healthy mix" foundation.
I love this foundation so much! I bought it quite recently and wasn't sure about it, but after trying it I immediately loved it! It even smells quite nice - kind of a flowery fragrance. It blends nicely with my skin - which I find difficult as I have fairly pale coloured skin - and you only need a little more than one pump! I got it in the shade "51 - light vanilla" which I think is the lightest in the collection! After applying, I use a small amount of powder just to minimise any shine.

Maybelline New York 'Coral Tonic' lipstick.
This is the perfect summery colour for lipstick! It's a bright coral colour which I tend to use when wearing plain clothes.

Bourjois "intense" eyeshadow in 03 (pink)
This is a recent purchase but I've wanted this for a while. It's sparkly once applied, with a hint of light pink. To use as a liner, I dip the eyeshadow brush in some water before using it. This looks good for nights out or when paired with a slightly lighter coloured eyeshadow.
Bourjois "smokey eyes" eyeshadow in 06 ('violet romantic').
I sometimes match the lightest shade here with Bourjois 'intense' eyeshadow in pink (above). I love this trio of colours. The pigmentation is really quite good and I love the colour of the dark purple. I find myself turning to purples this summer, so I thought this product would be the perfect match!

Barry M 'Gelly' nail varnish in 'lychee' (nude).
I've wanted this for ages! And now I've finally got it! YAY! I find it goes with absolutely everything so it's perfect for every summer outfit!

Summer essentials -

My make-up bag - Dorothy Perkins.
Where would I be without this? It's packed up full to the top and I have difficulty closing it sometimes! I use this for holidays or when I'm away and it's just so useful! I love the little bow too :-)
Simple moisturising facial wash.
I've been using this for a few weeks now and it has become part of my routine! I use it once I've removed my make-up in the evenings and it makes my face feel so fresh! You only need a small amount so it doesn't run out very quickly either. I think this is under £5 in Boots so it's pretty good value too.
Alberto Balsam conditioner in 'sun kissed raspberry'.
Is it just me who loves this conditioner? It's affordable and makes your hair smell amazing! Haha! They also do shampoos and in different scents. This has such a summery smell so this has to go on the summer essentials list!!

What are your favourite summer items this year?
x

No comments:

Post a Comment